Feb 21, 2017
The Department of Health, Aging and Society will be offering the following undergraduate courses in Spring/Summer 2017:
Term 1 (May-June 2017):
- HLTHAGE 1AA3: Introduction to Health Studies
- HLTHAGE 1BB3: Introduction to Aging and Society
- HLTHAGE 1CC3: Introduction to Mental Health and Illness
- HLTHAGE 4G03: Global Health
Term 2 (June-August 2017):
- HLTHAGE 2G03: Mental Health
- *NEW COURSE: HLTHAGE 2L03: Drugs, Sex and Alcohol: Society and its Addictions
Drugs, Sex and Alcohol: Society and its Addictions
Being offered for the first time this summer, this course will analyze the place of addictions in modern society. Taking an interdisciplinary perspective, it will examine both the social factors that help shape addictive behaviours, as well as those that construct our notions of addiction and dependency.
This course is one of many courses on the course list for our new interdisciplinary Minor in Mental Health, Addiction and Society! For full details about the Minor take a look at the program page on our website.
Need more information?
Look for course outlines for our Spring/Summer courses on the Heath, Aging and Society website (www.healthagingandsociety.mcmaster.ca) in the Spring. If you have any questions feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Course enrollment for Spring/Summer courses will open in late March.